The Filtering microscreen ROTADISC ® sieve is a very robust, mono block piece of equipment designed for micro solids filtration, with a minimum mesh of 10 microns and maximum 1000 microns.
Due to its compact and resistant design, this equipment can work without any problems during 24 hours for a long period of time and without requiring any type of maintenance.
The ROTADISC ® Micro sieve can be provided in a compact version or ready for civil work installation.
The Filtering microscreen ROTADISC ® disc filter has a filtering mesh with a self-cleaning system with pressurised water.
The equipment has revolving discs lined in parallel along a horizontal axis. The discs are submerged up to 65% in the filtered water. Each disc is made up from several meshed stainless steel segments through which the water flows from inside out. The obtained filtering exits the front side of the equipment.
The particles remain retained in the mesh and descend by the effect of the gravity. With time the mesh starts to fill up and this causes an increase in the loss of the load.
When the established maximum pressure differential is reached, the washing cycle begins. While the discs slowly turn, water jets send water towards the mesh, dragging the solids to a hopper situated in the centre part of the equipment.
The same filtered water pumped by means of a pump installed in the exit of the filter can be used as washing water. The filtering continues during the washing cycle.
– Free plate sieve with a large filter surface
– Solids elimination from effluent of secondary decanters
– Treatment of potable water and process water
– Filtering prior to disinfection UV rays
– For direct spillways to channel and underground emissaries.
– Tertiary treatment for municipal waste water
– Potable water pre-treatment.
– Storm water treatment.
– Water treatment of industrial processes
Filtering discs: made completely out of stainless steel quality Aisi-304 or 316, this cylinder is constructed in a specially designed machine for this purpose. This element is composed of various sections which are detachable for maintenance, and which can be easily dismounted or adjusted.
– Filter mesh of 10 to 1,000 microns made in polyester.
– Modular design.
– Fast and easy access to the filtering cylinder from the outside of the filter
Frame: In strong meccano type construction, welded in Stainless Steel quality Aisi-304 or 316, it is provided with entrance and exit connections, anchoring legs, watertight elements, etc…
System of waste elimination: This takes place by means of a combination of water sprinklers, the rotating manner of the filtering discs and the waste transporting hopper found inside the filtering cylinder.
Drive: By means of a worm gear box, of widely determined proportions which is fixed by means of a reaction arm.Minimum protection considered in motor IP-55 and isolation class F
– Adecuate for small particle filtration.
– Ideal system for applications for recycling municipal water.
– Equipment available in different diameters.
– Automatic cleaning system with pressurized filtered water and activated with level sensor.
– Different versions and standardized models of equipment which can be adapted to numerous necessities.
– Manufactured in stainless steel (AISI 304 or AISI 316L) and available in other special materials depending on the aplication.
– Wide range in solids concentration of the water to be treated.
– Filter mesh from 10 to 1,000 microns, according to application.
– Equipment with production flows from 10 to 5,400 m3/h.
– Compact design which requires upto 75% less of implantation surface compared with a conventional sand filter.
– Low investment costs thanks to the compact design.
– Reduction in energy costs since the filtration is via gravity.
– Continuous operation even in washing phase.
– Very easy accessibility to all the filter elements.
– Easy operation and maintenance.
Due to the increase in the hydraulic load and the changes in the sedimentation characteristics of the activated sludge, sometimes means that the secondary decanters do not fulfill the requirements with reference to solids retention in the effluent. For example in the case of storms the solids in suspension in the secondary effluent can quickly reach 3-4 times the value recorded during dry time. The consequent increase in the loads of DQO, DBO and phosphorus in the effluent gives rise to a greater demand of oxygen in the receiving channel and, therefore, to an elevated spillway. Placing a microsieve in the exit of the secondary decanter offers an effective and economic solution and permits a reduction of 5-10 mg/l in the solids in suspension and therefore in the polluting load of the effluent.
In the direct spillways to rivers and underwater emissaries where sometimes there is only mechanical pre-treatment, it is advisable to reduce the solids concentration and, therefore, the load of DQO/DBO of the spilled residual water.
With the Filtering microscreen ROTADISC ® sieve one practically obtains a solids free effluent and an important reduction of the demand of oxygen associated with the polluting load.
The Filtering microscreen ROTADISC ® disc filter allows a fine screening of large flows with a mesh of up to 10 mm.
The equipment is used in all aplications where high quality filtering is needed with a large filtering surface.
The compact construction and the modular concept of the equipment means that it is possible to be easily adapted to the existing conditions.